University College of Osteopathy



275 Borough High Street

Open Maps

Type of support available

  • Accessible learning space
  • Adapted accomodation
  • Campus tours
  • Specialist knowledge within disability service
  • Support available from academic staff
  • Specialist groups or disabled students network

Advice and Support

Funding for an SpLD assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning Differences (SpLD) support with a Specialist through the University?

We run a free Dyslexia screening test at the UCO. If results demonstrate that students have a moderate-high likelihood of being Dyslexic, the UCO will fully fund for you to be seen to an Educational Psychologist for further testing and a diagnosis. The Student Support Department will then support students with any reasonable adjustments needed day to day or in exams.

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

Yes, please contact [email protected]

Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the University? How do students access this advice and support?

With student consent, the Student Support Department will liaise with academic staff and let them know how they can support you during classes. 

Staff continuity and understanding individual needs

Are the specialist disability staff in the team able to offer a personalised, bespoke response to a student’s needs? Where possible, is continuity provided for the student in meeting the same Disability Adviser and/or mentor so the student can get to know them over time?

The Student Support Department get to know students on a one-one and personal basis. Students are given a tailored Support Plan based on their needs. 

One to one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

The Student Support Department are able to offer free counselling to students. The department also has an open door policy which means students can speak to staff from the department whenever needed. 

One to one / group study skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions?

Our Learning Support Adviser offers this one-one and in groups of up to 12.

Social and Peer Support

Specialist support groups

Are there specialist support groups or a disabled students network available at the University?

As we are a small institution and many students prefer to keep their disability needs confidential, the UCO does not offer any groups or networks at this current time. However if you wish to start up a group, please contact Student Support so UCo can help you to do that.

Clubs and societies

Are there opportunities provided by the institution’s Students Union, Student Support service or Wellbeing service to take part in inclusive and accessible clubs and societies?

The Students Union organise all socials, clubs and societies and ensure that this is open to all students.


Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?

The UCO don’t own private accommodation but we are based in a good location in central London that has good transport connections and local housing. We can offer advice on a case by case basis. 

Assistive Technology

Does the institution offer a standard level of assistive technology to disabled students?

We offer hearing loops for students that have difficulty hearing, but otherwise our assistive tech is limited at the moment and students are advised to apply for DSA.

COVID-19 support

How has your Disability Support offer changed in light of the Coronavirus pandemic? Are in person appointments currently suspended? If prospective applicants would like to register with the Disability Service, how do they go about doing this currently?

Meetings are held virtually, in person, via phone or via email.

Appointments are usually given on the same day as requested, the next day or at a time that works well for the student. Students can speak to our Support Department once they have enrolled onto the course, until then please contact admissions if you would like to speak to a member of the Student Support team regarding your access needs [email protected]