Trinity Laban King Charles Court Campus

Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance

51.483686960885, -0.0064618907378966



King Charles Court
Old Royal Naval College
SE10 9JF

Open Maps

Type of support available

  • Accessible learning space
  • Adapted accomodation
  • Campus tours
  • Specialist knowledge within disability service
  • Support available from academic staff
  • Specialist groups or disabled students network

Advice and Support

Funding for an SpLD assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning Differences (SpLD) support with a Specialist teacher through the University?

We pay for SpLD assessment arrange via Trinity Laban for enrolled students.

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

Trinity Laban offers one-to-one disability support, including help claiming benefits, dyslexia support and on-site needs assessments.

Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University? How do students access this advice and support?

Support and advice are available in writing, staff can contact the Head of Student Service & Accessibility for advice, we have general equality training for staff and bespoke training on specific disabilities when needed.

Staff continuity and understanding individual needs

Are the specialist disability staff in the team able to offer a personalised, bespoke response to a student’s needs? Where possible, is continuity provided for the student in meeting the same Disability Adviser and/or mentor so the student can get to know them over time?

Yes, students can see the same person for support throughout the course.

One to one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

Yes, Mentoring, Counselling and drop-up support.

One to one / group study skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions?


Social and Peer Support

Specialist support groups

Are there specialist support groups or a disabled students network available at the University?

Yes, within the Students Union.

Clubs and societies

Are there opportunities provided by the institution’s Students Union, Student Support service or Wellbeing service to take part in inclusive and accessible clubs and societies?

Yes, these are run by the Students Union and vary from year to year.


Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?

Some wheelchair adapted rooms are available in halls.

Assistive Technology

Does the institution offer a standard level of assistive technology to disabled students?

Yes, all student facing PC have text-to-speech and mind-mapping software.