Group of students sat on green grass, in front of brick building.

Rose Bruford College

51.439090284577, 0.10833668016358



Lamorbey Park
Burnt Oak Lane
Sidcup, Kent
DA15 9DF

Open Maps

Type of support available

  • Accessible learning space
  • Adapted accomodation
  • Campus tours
  • Specialist knowledge within disability service
  • Support available from academic staff
  • Specialist groups or disabled students network

Advice and Support

Funding for an SpLD assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning Differences (SpLD) support with a Specialist teacher through the University?

We currently offer a limited number of assessments to students meeting certain criteria and students are asked to pay a contribution of £100 towards the cost. An application for support can be made to the Hardship Fund to help with this cost. We have SpLD teacher on site to provide support 2 days per week.

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

The college has a part time disability adviser on site located within Student Services.  Other members of the Student Services team can also offer support. 

Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University? How do students access this advice and support?

The disability adviser and Student Services team liaise with academic staff about specific students in their cohort.  This can be done pre or post entry.  Meetings can be set up to discuss support and reasonable adjustments.

Staff continuity and understanding individual needs

Are the specialist disability staff in the team able to offer a personalised, bespoke response to a student’s needs? Where possible, is continuity provided for the student in meeting the same Disability Adviser and/or mentor so the student can get to know them over time?

Support is provided as appropriate on an individual basis and, if necessary and appropriate, an individual learning agreement is drawn up after discussion and agreement by the Programme Director, disability adviser and student.  As this is a small college, continuity is maintained.

One to one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

The college offers a counselling service to students with a maximum of 8 sessions offered per academic year.  This can be on or off site.  Several buddy systems are in operation on specific courses. We also have a number of trained Mental Health First Aiders who are available on site as needed. 

One to one / group study skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions?

Liaison can take place between the agency and Student Services as needed particularly if rooms need to be booked.

Social and Peer Support

Specialist support groups

Are there specialist support groups or a disabled students network available at the University?

The college has a Disabilities and Welfare Officer on the Student Union.  Student Services offer a number of Mental Health drop-in sessions throughout the year. 

 Clubs and societies

Are there opportunities provided by the institution’s Students Union, Student Support service or Wellbeing service to take part in inclusive and accessible clubs and societies?

The Student Union (S.U.)  is elected on an annual basis and offer students the opportunity to set up their own clubs with SU support.


Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?

The college has eight larger accessible rooms with level access shower pods.  If you need adapted accommodation, please contact the disability adviser in the first instance.

Assistive Technology

Does the institution offer a standard level of assistive technology to disabled students?

The college currently have some stand-alone versions of mind mapping and screen enlargement software on site.

COVID-19 support

How has your Disability Support offer changed in light of the Coronavirus pandemic? Are in person appointments currently suspended? If prospective applicants would like to register with the Disability Service, how do they go about doing this currently?

The college will be offering support on a rota basis with staff in Student Services.  Appointments will need to be pre-booked by contacting the disability adviser direct by email. Students should complete the disability information on the student registration form.  If they need support to be put in place for the start of term, they should email the disability adviser direct by email in the first instance as soon as possible.