Ravensbourne University London outside campus image

Ravensbourne University London

51.501735519965, 0.0055388000000089



6 Penrose Way
Greenwich Peninsula
SE10 0EW

Open Maps

Type of support available

  • Accessible learning space
  • Adapted accomodation
  • Campus tours
  • Specialist knowledge within disability service
  • Support available from academic staff
  • Specialist groups or disabled students network

Advice and Support

Funding for an SpLD assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning Differences (SpLD) support with a Specialist teacher through the University?

Ravensbourne has a specialist study skills tutor. If you would like to discuss this service in more detail please contact our Student Services Team by emailing [email protected]

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

Within our Student Services Team we have 2 Health & Wellbeing Support Coordinators and 1 DSA Support Coordinator who are able to help, advise and ensure the correct support is in place for students. 

Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University? How do students access this advice and support?

Students can access specialist support by speaking to their course staff who will refer them to the Student Services team or the student can contact the Student Services team

Staff continuity and understanding individual needs

Are the specialist disability staff in the team able to offer a personalised, bespoke response to a student’s needs? Where possible, is continuity provided for the student in meeting the same Disability Adviser and/or mentor so the student can get to know them over time?

The students’ needs will be handled on a case by case basis. The member of staff assigned to the student will offer a personalised, bespoke response and the student will meet with that member of staff regularly throughout so they are able to build a good working relationship with them.

One to one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

Students can access Specialist mentors through DSA, Counselling services, Specialist Study Skills tutors, Health & Wellbeing services, Careers Support and Accommodation & Financial support. To access this support please contact the Student Services Team on [email protected]

One to one / group study skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions?

Our study skills tutors are able to offer one to one study skills sessions to students. To refer yourself for this service please email [email protected]

Social and Peer Support

Specialist support groups

Are there specialist support groups or a disabled students network available at the University?


Clubs and societies

Are there opportunities provided by the institution’s Students Union, Student Support service or Wellbeing service to take part in inclusive and accessible clubs and societies?



Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?

Ravensbourne does not have a halls of residence, however, if you require adapted accommodation and/or specialist equipment please speak to our Accommodation Coordinator who can help and offer advice in finding suitable accommodation for your needs. You can contact the Accommodation Coordinator by emailing [email protected]

Assistive Technology

Does the institution offer a standard level of assistive technology to disabled students?

Ravensbourne has several hearing loops installed throughout the University and we are currently in the process of trialling a new captioning assistive software. If you require specific or specialist assistive technology please contact the student services team to discuss directly.

COVID-19 support

How has your Disability Support offer changed in light of the Coronavirus pandemic? Are in person appointments currently suspended? If prospective applicants would like to register with the Disability Service, how do they go about doing this currently?

Face to face appointments are currently suspended due to COVID-19. If you would like to speak to a member of our Student Services Team or register yourself for one of our specialist services please email [email protected] where you will be referred to the relevant member of the team according to your needs/queries. You will then be offered a meeting to discuss support either over the phone, via video call or through email – whichever works best for you.