CU London (Greenwich)

CU London (Greenwich)

51.500731419965, 0.0068862999999908



6 Mitre Passage
SE10 0ER

Open Maps

Type of support available

  • Accessible learning space
  • Adapted accomodation
  • Campus tours
  • Specialist knowledge within disability service
  • Support available from academic staff
  • Specialist groups or disabled students network

Advice and Support

Funding for an SpLD assessment

Can a student be referred for a Specific Learning Differences (SpLD) support with a Specialist teacher through the University?

Students can be screened for dyslexia and then referred to a specialist for a full assessment. Students will need to self-fund a full assessment.

Disability Adviser available

Are there specialist staff available to talk to within the service?  Is there a disability officer or a disability adviser for students to talk to?

A dedicated Welfare & Disability Adviser is available and also Student Counsellor.

Support from academic staff

Is advice and support available from academic staff within the faculties of the University? How do students access this advice and support?

Students can arrange one to one sessions with Academic staff throughout the duration of their course.  This is either face-to-face or online.  Also available is the Academic Writing Service and Library Support.  These can be accessed either face to face or online.

Staff continuity and understanding individual needs

Are the specialist disability staff in the team able to offer a personalised, bespoke response to a student’s needs? Where possible, is continuity provided for the student in meeting the same Disability Adviser and/or mentor so the student can get to know them over time?

We offer bespoke support to all our students and continuity of support is provided throughout the duration of their course.

One to one mentoring support

Are there any additional services available such as mentoring, counselling services or a buddy scheme to help a new student to settle in if needed?

The college offers a counselling service to students with a maximum of 6 sessions offered per academic year.  This can be on or off site.  Several buddy systems are in operation on specific courses. We also have a number of trained Mental Health First Aiders who are available on site as needed. 

One to one / group study skills

Does the institution provide support with arranging One to one/Group study skills sessions?

Rooms can be booked, with prior arrangement, for one to one study skills. 

Social and Peer Support

Specialist support groups

Are there specialist support groups or a disabled students network available at the University?

Specialist support is provided through the Welfare and Disability Adviser. 

Clubs and societies

Are there opportunities provided by the institution’s Students Union, Student Support service or Wellbeing service to take part in inclusive and accessible clubs and societies?

There is a Students’ Union that organises inclusive activities. 


Adapted accommodation in halls

Is adapted accommodation and specialist equipment available in halls of residence?


Assistive Technology

Does the institution offer a standard level of assistive technology to disabled students?

The college currently have some stand-alone versions of mind mapping and screen enlargement software on site.

COVID-19 support

How has your Disability Support offer changed in light of the Coronavirus pandemic? Are in person appointments currently suspended? If prospective applicants would like to register with the Disability Service, how do they go about doing this currently?

Prospective students can contact through emailing: [email protected] 

A telephone or video call appointment can be arranged to discuss support needs.

Face to face appointments can be arranged if required.